Shrimp is one of the best protein sources you can include in your diet for fat loss; it's low in calories and nearly fat-free. Couple that with brown rice and you have a perfect post-workout meal to support speedy recovery.
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ whole lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add half the garlic, half the sesame seed oil, and all of the peppers. Sauté until almost tender.
- Add the remaining oil and garlic, then add the shrimp. Sprinkle in the remaining spices. Sauté for 2 minutes or until shrimp are thoroughly heated.
- Drizzle lemon juice on top and serve on a bed of rice.