Chili is a delicious, soul-warming recipe perfect for a lazy evening at home. A great source of protein and complex carbs, this is an ideal meal after a hard workout session.
- 1½ lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup, chopped or sliced tomato, diced
- 1 14 oz can kidney beans, canned
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 tsp, whole cumin seed
- 1 tsp, leaves oregano
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 whole green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cube beef Broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Turn your Instant Pot to sauté setting and add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add ground turkey breast, salt and pepper to taste, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the juice from the ground turkey to prevent boiling. Set juice aside. Continue cooking chicken for another 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add the diced vegetables to the Instant Pot along with the cumin seed and chili powder. Cook together with turkey for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine broth, fish sauce, light soy sauce, tomato paste, and cocoa powder. Pour half cup of broth mixture into Instant Pot and stir, being sure to scrape the bottom.
- Pour meat juice back onto pot along with beans and tomatoes. Close lid and cook on manual setting with high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Relive pressure, spoon chili into bowls and serve garnished with cheese.