If homemade waffles are your favorite go-to breakfast, you need a recipe that offers the protein content traditional waffles lack. Full of muscle-making protein, rich in complex carbohydrates, and complete with a touch of healthy fat, these waffles will satisfy your nutritional needs.
- 1½ cup dry oatmeal
- 8 Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Mix together oats, coconut flour, protein powder, sugar, baking powder, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, cottage cheese, and milk until smooth.
- Slowly combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a waffle maker according to maker directions and cook.
- Once waffles are done, top with fresh blueberries and syrup.