Ground bison is an excellent way to consume this protein. It's as versatile and easy to prepare as ground beef, only without the fat. Bison tends dry out, so this recipe uses healthy oils and other ingredients to keep the meat moist and tasty.
- 1 lb bison, ground
- 1 cup spinach, cooked
- 2 tbsp dill
- 1 tsp, ground oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bun sara Lee whole-wheat thin-style bun
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the bison, spinach, dill, and oregano until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Form mixture into burgers.
- 3. Place burgers on a grill and brush with olive oil. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side or until fully cooked.
- 4. Serve on a whole-wheat bun with any desired toppings, such as lettuce, onion, or tomato. (Toppings not included in macro calculations.)