Add this side dish for a complete meal. It has a perfect blend of high-fiber pumpkin and healthy-fat walnuts for rounded nutrition.
- 3 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp red pepper
- ½ slice, large (1/4" thick) onions
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 salt to taste
- Cut pumpkin into quarter-inch-thick slices. Also chop pepper and onion.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and then add the sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, sliced onion, and sliced red pepper.
- Once slightly tender, add in the pumpkin and cook over high heat until the pumpkin is brown, tossing throughout the cooking process.
- Add the vinegar, toss, and then top with walnuts, salt, and pepper. Toss one more time before serving.