Winter draw nears - hell, it is here - and chances are you'll be on the lookout for comfort meals. Soup fits the bill perfectly.
- 3 cup chicken bone broth
- ½ cup broccoli
- 3 whole mushroom
- ½ whole onion, finely diced
- 2 whole carrot, shredded
- 1 cup chopped celery, raw
- 1 oz bean sprouts, canned
- 1 cup, diced red Potatoes
- 2 whole egg
- Heat 2-3 cups of chicken or beef broth (preferably a low sodium variety) and add desired vegetables. Broccoli, mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery and bean sprouts.
- If you want carbs, add sliced potatoes, cooked barley or whole wheat pasta.
- At the end of the cooking process, crack 1-2 eggs into the bowl (or pour in 5-6 egg whites) and continue to heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the eggs whiten, remove from heat and serve.