This dry rub is easy to whip up and can be made stronger by sitting overnight. Pair with a fresh black bean salsa for color, texture, and a little extra protein.
- 8 oz flank steak
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp coriander
Black bean salsa Ingredients
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup, chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ⅛ cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix cumin and coriander, making sure to meld.
- Rub into flank steak. Grill or sauté for about 4 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F.
- While the steak cooks, combine red onion, roasted red pepper, cilantro, black beans, vinegar, and olive oil. Mix, and garnish with salt and pepper.