Craving ice cream but don't want to derail your diet? With this recipe, you can indulge in a smooth, icy, sweet dessert without all the guilt. The dish has some calories, due to the full-fat coconut milk, but just watch your serving size and you'll be in good shape.
- 1 lb strawberries, frozen
- 2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- to taste powdered Stevia
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place contents in a container, cover, and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and stir.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes, then remove and stir again. Repeat this process until the ice cream has the desired texture. Serve immediately.
- Note: To up the protein content, feel free to mix in a whey protein, vegetable-based protein, or even egg whites.