The earthiness of oven-roasted beets makes them a great base for this salad. In addition to being a stellar source of potassium, they're hearty and take on a beautiful purple hue when plated. Combined with the essential oils of the orange and tangy taste from the sour cream, it's a dish you're sure to enjoy.
- 1 beets
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 dash black pepper
- Roast fresh beet. Dice, and place in a bowl.
- Place sour cream in a bowl. Add fresh squeezed orange juice and zest (make sure not to grate the bitter, white pith).
- Add poppy seeds to your dressing.
- Spoon dressing over beets. Mix until you've achieved a beautiful blush color.
- Place orange segments and cilantro on top as garnish. Add pepper to taste.