Not sure what to do with those lumpy, white curds? This recipe will have you enjoying cottage cheese so much you'll forget that you're eating it.
- ½ cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup Splenda
- 2 tbsp light margarine
- 3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cup egg whites
- 16 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp low-sugar strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp. of the Splenda and butter in a small bowl.
- Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan, to form crust.
- In a blender, mix cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of egg whites.
- Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup of Splenda, and 1 1/2 cups egg whites until well blended.
- Add in the cottage cheese mixture and continue to beat until combined.
- Pour cheese mixture over the crust and then place in the oven for about 80 minutes.
- Once cake is done, cool for 20-30 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, slice strawberries and mix with jam.
- Pour this strawberry mixture over top of the cheesecake and serve.