This salad is more energy dense but still lighter than a traditional winter meal. Corn constitutes the healthy carbs in this recipe; avocado adds the healthy fats. Ground turkey provides the protein to round out the dish, adding plenty of flavor.
- 8 oz ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- ⅛ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup salsa
- Begin by heating the chicken broth over medium heat.
- Add ground turkey to the skillet and cook until no longer pink inside, and crumbly.
- Combine corn, avocado, and cucumber and then combine with browned ground turkey.
- Spoon salsa over top and mix until combined.
- Place this mixture over lettuce leaves and serve.