Granola is an ideal go-to muscle-building snack, because it's easy to travel with and packs a mighty calorie punch. However, traditional granola's nutritional profile is often less than ideal. It's packed with sugar, but pretty much devoid of protein. If you're not getting enough protein every few hours, you're missing out on growth. Flip the muscle-building switch with this protein-packed homemade granola. Eat it on the run, toss it on your morning pancakes, or add it to your nightly Greek yogurt parfait!
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop MusclePharm Combat Power, Vanilla
- 6 tbsp ground flaxseed
- to taste cinnamon
- 4 tbsp natural almond butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 bar MusclePharm Combat Crunch Bar, Chocolate Coconut
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the oats, protein powder, flaxseed, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Heat the almond butter, coconut oil, and honey in a saucepan over medium-low heat, and stir it until the almond butter has melted and fully combined with the oil and honey. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the dry mixture. Use a spatula to thoroughly incorporate the dry ingredients and ensure all oats are covered.
- Spread the granola on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake it for 10-12 minutes. Remove it from the oven, stir, and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Top the granola with chocolate chips and protein-bar chunks. Stir once more, and let it cool for 15 minutes. Store the granola in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.