This quick and easy protein donut recipe is everything you need to turn your favorite cheat into a healthy treat! This recipe was sent to us from Haven Schulz at healthhavenstudio.com
- 2 whole egg
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 scoop Signature Chocolate Casein Protein
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
Peanut Butter Glaze (Optional) Ingredients
- ¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Thoroughly whisk together eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, sift together protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk thoroughly (you can use a mixer if you would like). The mixture should be quite thick.
- Spray your mini donut pan with nonstick spray. Scoop all of the mixture into a gallon resealable bag and cut a medium sized hole in the corner of your bag. Squeeze the mix into the donut pan.
- Bake for about 12 minutes and remove from pan immediately to cool. For peanut butter glaze (optional), heat peanut butter and oil in microwave for 30-40 seconds and whisk together before drizzling on top of cooled donuts.
- Special Equipment: 1 mini donut tin