The only drawback to a post-workout shake is how quickly it disappears when you drink it, which is what makes this recipe such a treat. Packed with vitamins and nutrients to refuel your muscles, this simple recipe uses frozen banana and chocolate protein powder to add enough thickness that you can eat your smoothie with a spoon. It's dairy free and gluten free, but you can jazz it up with your favorite healthy cereal or chopped nuts for added flavor and crunch.
- 1 small (6" to 6-7/8" long) banana
- ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1½ serving (2 tbsp) pBfit peanut butter
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop(s) chocolate protein powder
- ½ small (6" to 6-7/8" long) banana
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp peanuts, chopped
- ½ serving (2 tbsp) pBfit peanut butter
- Place frozen banana, almond milk, PBfit, cacao powder, and protein powder in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and garnish with banana slices, cacao nibs, roasted peanuts, and PBfit drizzle.