This works perfectly as a quick meal, but it's so good it doubles as homemade gourmet when you have guests. Serve with a baked potato or side of your choice.
- 12 oz chicken breast
- ¼ cup pesto
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tomatoes
- ¼ cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- Begin by brushing the chicken breasts with pesto.
- Next, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add red peppers and onions along with garlic and continue to cook until slightly tender.
- Place chicken into the pan and cook until browned and no longer pink inside.
- Add in the tomatoes and white wine, turn down to low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, cooking for 30-60 longer or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve immediately.