This chicken stew is loaded with antioxidants and micronutrients. It makes a great meal choice any night of the week. You can also make a massive batch and freeze some to eat later!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 12 oz chicken breast
- 2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup, chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ tsp, ground oregano
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cup white beans
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Once bubbling, add in onions, carrots, mushrooms, and peppers along with garlic; saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add in chicken and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and reduce to low heat, covering and simmering for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.