This healthy version of a favorite recipe will provide you with a good dose of protein and carbohydrates to get you through the afternoon. You can easily make this the night before and store it in your fridge to grab quickly on your way out the door.
- ½ cup brown rice
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz chicken breast
- 2 large egg whites
- ⅛ cup, chopped green bell pepper, chopped
- ⅛ whole mushrooms, sliced
- ⅛ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- First dice chicken breast and stir-fry in 1 tsp of the olive oil until tender. Set aside.
- Next, heat remaining oil in pan and pour in egg whites, stirring until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside with the chicken.
- Pour in the chicken broth and soy sauce into a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat, add in vegetables along with rice, cover, and simmer for five to ten minutes, or as indicated by the package directions.
- Once finished, stir back in the chicken and egg whites and gently pan fry for 1-2 minutes until slightly crispy. Serve.