This sweet corn dish is really simple to make and high in potassium and protein to help you stay on track. There are many different types and colors (yellow, bicolor, or white) of corn available, and though some are sweeter than others, they are all good for this recipe.
- 4 ear, yields corn on the cob, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup miso paste
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch pepper
- ¼ cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 slice bacon
- 1 handful microgreens
- Pull back the husks on the corn and remove silks. Rub with oil and season with salt and pepper, then roll the husks back over corn before placing on a preheated grill. If you want grill marks on the corn, remove a few husks completely toward the end of cooking.
- Grill corn for about 15-20 minutes, turning frequently to evenly cook all sides, until kernels soften and begin to char slightly.
- While corn is cooking, whisk miso paste and rice wine vinegar in a bowl. Add cayenne pepper, minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of chopped scallions. Whisk to combine, and season with a pinch of black pepper.
- Microwave lime for about 30 seconds to get as much juice out of it as possible, then slice in half and squeeze into dressing. Whisk to combine.
- Once corn is cooked, remove husks and place on plates. Spread sauce evenly over corn, then top with remaining scallions, feta cheese, micro greens, and cooked bacon.