While ground beef is yummy, if it’s not organic then it’s a heavily processed, industrialized product that’s missing some of the health benefits attributed to always-grass-fed lamb.
- 8 oz lean Ground Lamb
- 1 serving hamburger bun
- 1 fruit, without skin and seed avocado
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ¼ lemon yields lemon juice
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ whole red onion, diced
- 2 pinch parsley, dried
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Lightly salt and pepper ground lamb in a bowl then thoroughly mix.
- Shape lamb into 2 patties, 4 ounces apiece.
- Grill the patties to temperature.
- While patties are cooking (or before or after), make a dressing in a mixing bowl by combining the sour cream with Sambal Oelek, Sriracha or other hot sauce, and parsley and lemon, whisking until consistent.
- Core and slice the avocado.
- Lightly toast or grill the bun.
- Spoon or spread dressing onto bottom layer of bun, then fan avocado slices atop dressing.
- Place grilled burger atop avocado slices.
- Top the burger with a ring of grilled onion and remaining half of bun.