Because it's so rich in antioxidants and fiber, broccoli is a true nutritional powerhouse. With vibrant green broccoli as the base, this salad pumps up the protein with egg, adds a touch of sweetness with grapes, and includes a bit of crunch with sunflower seeds.
- 4 oz broccoli, steamed
- 1 oz red grapes
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- ½ orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Separate broccoli florets from the stems.
- Blanch florets in boiling, salted water for about two minutes. Refresh in cold water.
- Add sliced grapes, grated egg yolk, and grated egg whites. Add seeds.
- Combine olive oil and rice wine vinegar. Mix with a whisk to form the base of your dressing. Add salt and pepper, then squeeze in orange juice.
- Add dressing to dish. Plate and serve.