It only takes about 20 minutes to prepare this meal, but the cooking time can be up to 10 hours. You place the ingredients in a crockpot, set it to cook on low, and leave it for the day.
- 1 roast (yield from 627 g raw meat) beef, round, bottom round
- 2 whole onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp, leaves basil, dried
- ½ tsp, leaves oregano
- ½ tsp, leaves thyme
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cube beef Broth
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- 5 cup chopped carrots, raw
- 5 cup, diced red Potatoes
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add roast and brown on all sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Place browned roast in crockpot.
- Add onion slices to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add paprika, basil, oregano, thyme, and garlic; cook 2 more minutes. Place onion mixture over roast in crockpot.
- Add water, wine, broth, black pepper, carrots, and potatoes to crockpot. Cover and cook until tender, about 10 hours on low heat or 5 hours on high heat.
- Remove roast from the crockpot and set on cutting board. Use a large spoon to skim fat off cooking broth.
- Slice roast and place a portion on each plate along with a portion of potatoes and a serving of carrots. Top sliced roast with a couple spoons of broth. Serve and enjoy!