Get your vitamin C and a great, tangy taste with this recipe. Because it's served with brown rice, it's a good option for long-term energy.
- 1 fillet salmon fillet
- 1 cup, chopped red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ whole onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp splenda
- 3 cup brown rice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup snow peas
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, rice vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, brown sugar, Splenda, and minced garlic.
- Place salmon and sliced vegetables in an oven-safe dish and drizzle with sauce.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to allow the sauce to marinate the salmon.
- Bake salmon at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- While baking, prepare brown rice according to package directions.