With football season in high gear, now's the time to start thinking about good eats for tailgating and game-watching parties—and who can resist a meatball sub? Especially one this diesel. Next game, serve up this certified alpha male food.
- 6 oz wild boar, ground
- 1 roll whole-wheat hoagie roll
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp marinara sauce
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Seasonings (to taste): pepper, 1 tbsp coriander, fresh parsley, cayenne pepper, pinch of sea salt
- Set oven to 405 degrees.
- Season the ground meat with pepper, 1 tbsp coriander, fresh parsley, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, and a pinch of sea salt. Divide the meat into three equal portions and form meatballs.
- Set a skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with coconut oil. Toss in the red onions to saute or grill.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet with red onions and cook the meatballs until they are 90 percent done.
- Slice the hoagie down the middle and add meatballs. Drizzle with 2 tbsp marinara and sprinkle goat cheese. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place around the meatballs. Add fresh parsley.
- Place the sub on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes.