Wild game is different. It doesn't taste like regular beef or chicken. But that's part of the fun. If you have a picky eater, or one who's NOT interested in eating wild boar, have them help you prepare the meal. Here's a venison chili recipe for any occasion.
- 16 oz ground venison
- 8 oz dark kidney beans
- 4 oz low-sodium black beans
- 1 small onions
- 15 oz tomato sauce, canned
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash table salt
- 1 tsp, whole cumin seed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp safflower oil
- Soak and cook beans according to package directions.
- Coat pan lightly with safflower oil and slightly brown venison.
- Add other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, longer if you want thicker chili.
- For faster cooking time, use only 1/2 can of tomato sauce.