Devour plant protein in its most glorious form with this recipe for a gains-friendly batch of chocolaty brownies.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- ¾ cup(s) pea protein powder
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4½ tbsp natural almond butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Using a handheld immersion blender or a food processor, blend all ingredients together until you get a smooth batter.
- Once blended, pour into a small brownie tray.
- Bake at 340 degrees F (around 170 C) for about an hour or until an inserted knife comes out relatively clean. Be careful not to overbake the brownies: you want them a bit gooey in the center.
- Note: To elevate your brownies a couple of notches, add dark or white chocolate chips, pecan, or walnuts to your batter before baking!