Following a dietary scheme during winter can be a cold and lonely assignment, but a hot bowl of soup makes for the perfect savory, guilt-free pick-me-up. Tailor this classic recipe to your favorite vegetables, or one you've been curious to try, like kale. You can't go wrong.
- 30 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 20 oz turkey breast, white meat
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, finely diced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- ½ cup peas
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- In a pot or tall saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and then sauté the onions and mushrooms.
- Next, add in wild rice and water according to package directions.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer to cook the rice.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot filled with the chicken broth and water.
- Once boiling, add in remaining vegetables and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the turkey and rice mixture and then cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.