These meatballs are a fantastic appetizer for a party, but they can also act as a pasta topper or serve as a recipe for your weekly meal prep. They taste as good as traditional meatballs, without the high-fat nonsense. Low on calories, full of Italian flavor and the tiniest bit of heat, these little guys are certainly a tasty treat!
Ingredients For Meatballs Ingredients
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ tbsp italian seasoning
- ½ tbsp parsley, dried
- 1 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup garlic, minced
Ingredients For Marinara Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp, ground black pepper
- ½ tsp parsley, dried
- ½ tsp, ground oregano
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 14½ oz tomatoes, canned, stewed
- 14½ oz tomato paste
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Gather all ingredients for meatballs and place them in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Using your hands, form approximately 30 meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or use a silicon baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn the meatballs and cook another 3-5 minutes, until both sides have started to turn golden brown.
- Remove meatballs from oven and allow to rest 5-10 minutes.
- For dipping sauce: Gather and prepare all ingredients. Remove the stem and seeds from the bell peppers. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture has a consistent, smooth texture. Place the mixture in a saucepan that has been lightly sprayed with oil. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.