This dish seems to have a lot going on, but it comes together easily in just less than 30 minutes. It's light, flavorful, and festive enough to serve to guests. Don't worry, your macronutrient profile is still safe.
- 4 fillet tilapia
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- ¼ cup green olives, sliced
- 4 tbsp, drained capers, canned
- ⅛ cup cilantro
- ½ tsp, ground oregano
- ¼ tsp marjoram, dried
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While fish is baking, add olive oil, garlic, and onion to a pan over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, green olives, jalapeno, capers, oregano, marjoram, bay leaf, and salt and pepper to pan.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for another 8-10 minutes until all flavors all well blended.
- When fish is done, top each filet with generous amount of cooked mixture.
- Add cilantro to top and add lime to side of the dish.