Recipes like this can be a game-changer. It's easy to spice according to your taste, and it provides a great opportunity to try different vegetables and flavors. Add mushrooms, green pepper, scallions, or whatever else looks good in the store. The options are limitless. It's also great when paired with the mashed sweet potatoes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup, chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup poblano pepper
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Wash and prep your veggies and garlic.
- Heat a medium to large nonstick skillet over low to medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet, lightly sauté for 1-2 minutes, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add ground turkey to skillet. Sauté turkey for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in vegetable mixture and season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté turkey until cooked through.
- Drain any excess fat, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, and enjoy!