This delicious twist on a classic casserole is layered like lasagna, using gluten-free corn tortillas instead of noodles, and salsa instead of marinara sauce. Enjoy all your favorite south-of-the-border flavors by topping this delicious taco treat with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, black olives, and nonfat plain Greek yogurt (It tastes just like sour cream!).
- 12 whole corn tortilla
- 15 oz fat-free refried beans
- 1 lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup, chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 oz reduced-fat Mexican cheese
- 1½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pan-fry meat over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning, water, onions, and peppers. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Lightly coat a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and cover bottom with six corn tortillas.
- Spread half a can of fat-free refried beans over the tortillas, followed by half of the taco meat, half a cup of salsa, and one cup of cheese.
- Arrange six more tortillas over first layer, followed by remaining beans, taco meat, cheese, and another half cup of salsa.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cut into eight equal pieces.
- Before serving, top with shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes, sliced black olives, nonfat plain Greek yogurt (omit if vegan), and fresh cilantro.