Don't steer clear of big bad ground beef. Choose a lean variety and start experimenting!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup, shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 whole-wheat tortilla (10-inch)
- Brown the meat and onions in a skillet. Stir in the seasoning mix with water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over medium heat for three minutes.
- Bake tortillas for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and tomatoes. Top lettuce with meat, then layer salad with cheese and small pieces of baked tortillas.
- Drizzle salad with Catalina dressing and serve with Greek yogurt, (or sour cream or cottage cheese) and salsa.
- Optional: 1/4 cup Catalina dressing.