Sure, you may be able to pick up a container of hummus at your local store, but you can just as easily whip up your own protein-packed version. The flavor of sweet potato lends itself well to the nutty tahini, making this a must-dip for any vegetable, cracker, or finger! Plus, you take the macros to another level with the inclusion of flavorless protein powder. Don't worry, this won't taste like hummus that someone spilled a protein shake into!
- 1 lb sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 can drained chickpeas, canned
- ⅓ cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 4 tbsp tahini paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Steam or boil the sweet potato, then drain and let cool several minutes.
- Blend together all ingredients until smooth.