Sweet potatoes: they're great baked, broiled, and even mashed with marshmallows on top. They also make for great bread substitutes. Sweet pots are loaded with vitamin B6, carotene, and manganese, and their versatility makes them easy to incorporate into meals—and I'm not just talking boiled or mashed.
- 200 g sweet potato, sliced
- 6 oz (1 serving) low-fat deli turkey
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 slice, medium (1/4" thick) tomatoes
- 2 tsp low-sodium barbecue sauce
- Set oven to 375 F.
- Slice a sweet potato into four thick pieces to make the buns for the sliders.
- Cut the mozzarella slice into four pieces.
- On one sweet potato slice, add spinach, one tomato slice, 3 oz turkey meat, two pieces of mozzarella cheese, and 1 tsp barbecue sauce.
- Top with the other sweet potato slice. Jam a wooden kabob skewer through the slider so it pierces the sweet bun below. Repeat for the second slider.
- Place sliders on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 375 F or until the sweet potato is cooked to desired level of softness. I prefer mine relatively firm so they can be held like a slider.
- Allow sliders to cool. Devour!