A healthy baked apple breakfast sounds too good to be true. Yet this sweet treat has it all: protein, carbs, and fiber. The cinnamon also helps keep your blood sugar levels stable.
- 3 medium (3" dia) apples
- 1½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp splenda, brown sugar blend
- Combine the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Place the cored apple in the mixture. Coat the apple, inside and out, and place on the grill.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Mix the Greek yogurt, protein powder, rolled oats, and walnuts until well mixed.
- Fill the baked apple with the mixture.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until yogurt is heated.