Time for a cake break—it's a thing at my house! This high-protein strawberry shortcake tastes just like the classic summer dessert, only it's healthier and way more convenient. It's ready in 5 minutes, including microwave time! The protein shortcake is delicious enough on its own, but add some whipped topping, fresh strawberries, and a drizzle of strawberry sauce, and you've got yourself one scrumptious dessert.
- 20 g vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 tbsp baking Stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tsp powdered Stevia
- 2 tbsp fat-free whipped cream
- Mix together shortcake ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into an oversized mug lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Dump out your cake to cool on a plate.
- Meanwhile, mash one particularly ripe strawberry with stevia to make a sauce.
- Cut your cake in half, layering with strawberries and whipped topping.
- Top with strawberry sauce and enjoy!