Dazzle your friends (and your Instagram followers) this holiday weekend with these easier-than-they-look patriotic jello treats.
- 1 packet gelatin powder
- 2 cup skim milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 scoop(s) bCAA powder
- 6 oz blueberry jello
- 3 oz sugar-free strawberry jello
- In a glass bowl, mix blue jello with 1½ cups boiling water until fully dissolved. Add 1½ cups ice water and let it melt completely.
- Add 2-4 scoops BCCAs and blend until the entire mixture is dissolved and of a uniform color.
- Pour evenly into four cups. Place the cups in the fridge balanced carefully on their sides, and allow to set for 15-30 minutes.
- In a new bowl, combine ¼ cup milk and 1 envelope gelatin to create the white portion. Let it stand at room temperature.
- In a small saucepan, bring the remaining milk to a simmer over medium-low heat and allow it to bubble for 1 minute, stirring continuously to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat, stir in sweetener and vanilla extract, and add to the white gelatin mixture. Stir until smooth and let cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the blue layer has set and the white layer has cooled, remove the glasses from the fridge and add the white layer. Place cups back in the fridge at a slight angle or flat for 15-30 minutes.
- In a glass bowl, mix red jello with 1½ cups boiling water until fully dissolved. Then add 1½ cups ice water and let it melt completely.
- Add 2-4 scoops BCCAs. This is where you can also add the chopped strawberries if you want them.
- Once the white layer has set and the red layer has cooled, remove the glasses from the fridge and add the red layer.
- Let set for 15-30 minutes in the fridge.
- Optional ingredient: Strawberries, 10.