Add a little Tex-Mex flair to the barbecue with this easy chicken kabob recipe that's sure to impress. Just make sure you have enough on hand—these highly addictive skewers are sure to leave your guests coming back for more.
- 30 oz chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp red hot sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp, ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- Slice raw chicken breasts horizontally into 2-3 oz pieces.
- In a sealable bag, add chicken breast and seasonings. Release the air from the bag, re-seal, and shake, ensuring all the chicken pieces are thoroughly covered in the sauce. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours (or overnight, if desired).
- Place wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This will prevent them from burning in case you're cooking the chicken on the grill or in the oven.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the bag and skewer them with the wooden sticks.
- For cooking on a stovetop grill or with a skillet, set the fire on medium heat and lightly spray your pan with coconut oil. Wait for the pan to heat before adding the chicken skewers.
- Add the chicken skewers to the pan and cook, rotating them so all sides are cooked evenly with noticeable grill marks. Don't cover them while they cook.
- Remove the cooked skewers from the grill. Sprinkle with lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.