It's a simple formula: Eat big to get big. This great post-workout meal will reward your muscles for a job well done. Caution: After sinking your teeth into this, you'll never see a sweet potato the same way again. Sorry.
- 6 oz bison steak, cut into cubes
- 250 g sweet potato
- 1 cup asparagus
- 2 tbsp low-sodium barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp goat cheese
- Seasonings (to taste): Cayenne pepper, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Set oven to 405 degrees. Puncture the raw sweet potato with a fork or knife, lightly spray it with coconut oil, and then wrap in foil. Place it in the oven to bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Cut bison flank steak into small pieces. Season with cayenne pepper, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Once seasoned, rub 1 tbsp barbecue sauce on the bison pieces.
- Set a skillet on medium-high heat and lightly spray with coconut oil. Toss in bison flank steak. When it's nearly done, add 1 tbsp of barbecue sauce and reduce the heat to low. Turn off when the meat is to desired readiness.
- Lightly spray a separate skillet with coconut oil and set on high heat. Toss in 1 cup of asparagus and sear for 5-7 minutes. While searing, add garlic and a pinch of sea salt.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and unwrap the foil. Cut the potato open with a knife and fluff the contents with a fork.
- Place the barbecue bison on top of the sweet potato.
- Add 1 tbsp of goat cheese and devour like an alpha male!