Here are three recipes for traditional cookies with more protein, less sugar, and the same delicious taste. Prepare yourself for a punch of protein awesomeness and get ready to become your neighborhood (protein) Cookie Monster!
- 2½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 serving 1 packet splenda
- 1 tablespoons tartar, ready-to-serve
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup sweet potato
- 1 tbsp butter, without salt
- 1 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine whey, almond flour, Splenda, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- There are two ways to make the sweet potato puree. One: Skin and dice a sweet potato, boil it for approximately 25 minutes until the chunks are soft, and then puree them in a blender with a bit of water. Two: Buy canned sweet potato or pumpkin puree.
- Mix puree with butter, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in dry ingredients to puree mixture.
- On a greased cookie sheet, place spoonfuls of cookie dough about two inches apart.
- Use a spoon or the bottom of a glass to flatten the cookie dough. Since the dough is a bit sticky, you'll probably have to go back and forth between the cookies and cup of water. (Or, if you don't plan on sharing, there's no harm in licking the back of the spoon!)
- Sprinkle the flat cookies with cinnamon.