Yes, going low-carb can be difficult. But it definitely doesn't mean you have to give up any flavor. Try these delicious sandwich substitutes.
- 4 oz (1 serving) low-fat deli turkey
- 2 slice (1 oz) cheese, swiss, low fat
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour oil in frying pan and heat on medium-low heat.
- While oil is heating, lay turkey slices on a flat surface.
- Slice each slice of cheese into 4 strips.
- Slice the half avocado into 4 long pieces.
- Place one strip of cheese in the middle of each slice of turkey breast.
- Place one piece of avocado on top of each strip of cheese.
- Place a second strip of cheese on top of the avocado.
- Roll the turkey into a tube.
- Place turkey rolls in frying pan until brown and then flip over and brown other side. Cheese should be slightly melted and the avocado soft.
- Take rolls out of pan, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!