Nothing says party time like a serving of good-ol wings. These coffee-inspired nuggets turn tradition on its head. The combination of coffee beans, cayenne, and smoked paprika will give you that extra kick, while the addition of cinnamon and coconut sugar add a touch of sweetness.
- 4 lb chicken drumette
- ⅓ cup coffee
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Set oven to 420 degrees F.
- Trim excess fat and large pieces of skin from the drummettes or wings using a sharp knife or food scissors. This is important to reduce the amount of calories—just be careful not to cut the protein. You can cut the calories of each chicken wing by up to 15 calories! So, imagine if you eat 10 wings—that's 150 fat calories you saved!
- Add the ingredients for the rub into a food processor. Blend until it becomes a fine powder with a few coarse pieces of coffee grounds.
- Place about a pound of the wings in a large bowl, and add a heaping tablespoon of the rub mixture to the bowl. Add a few pinches of sea salt and pepper and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix it all together. Repeat until all of the wings have been coated.
- Place the wings on a baking rack (recommended) or a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes at 420 degrees F. Keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the amount of chicken.
- Garnish with lime and sea salt crystals.