Here's a restaurant-worthy way to jazz up a plate of fish. And, unlike most cream-based sauces, this beety version isn't a calorie bomb. If desired, rainbow trout or arctic char can be used in lieu of salmon.
- 1 beets, cut into cubes
- 24 oz salmon fillet
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the beets with a bit of oil, spread them on a baking sheet, and roast until very tender, about 30 minutes. Remove the beets from the oven.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, season it with salt and pepper, and bake until the fish is just cooked through in the middle, about 12 minutes.
- Blend the roasted beets, sour cream, olive oil, vinegar, horseradish, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth. If needed, blend in water a tablespoon at a time, to help reach a creamy consistency.
- Serve the salmon topped with beat cream and chives.