Crunchy veggies, buttery salmon, and a creamy cottage cheese dressing make for a crave-worthy salad. This salad packs enough protein to make it extra filling and leave your muscles fueled and ready to perform later in the day.
- 2 fillet salmon fillet
- 4 1 cup salad greens
- 1 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped carrots, raw
- 1 cup pineapple, raw
- 1 whole green onion, sliced
Cottage Cheese Dressing Ingredients
- ⅓ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 fl oz water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray or grease surface.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon for 12 minutes or until just barely cooked through the center.
- When the salmon is cool enough to handle, gently break apart flesh into 1-inch chunks.
- Divide salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, pineapple, and green onion between serving plates.
- Top salads with salmon.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together cottage cheese, olive oil, water, lemon juice, dill, garlic, and black pepper.
- Distribute cottage cheese dressing over salad and salmon. Serve.