Well, it's not your mom's homestyle chicken noodle soup, but it does the trick when you're pressed for cash and low on fitness fuel. All you need to do is purchase a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store, remove the skin, and boom! You have instant, delicious protein for several meals.
- 4 oz chicken, rotisserie, chopped
- ⅓ cup shells whole-wheat pasta
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup stalk celery, finely diced
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Mrs Dash
- Set oven to 405 F.
- In a pot, boil and cook your wheat pasta. Rinse and set aside.
- Dice your raw carrots and mushrooms.
- Weigh and separate 4 oz baked chicken meat. In a small disposable ramekin or baking dish, add chicken, pasta, Greek yogurt, veggies, and seasonings. Stir with a spoon or mini-spatula.
- Pour chicken broth over the mixture, ensuring that a majority of the noodles are covered so that they won't burn when baking.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy. If you are doing this as a prepped meal for the week, be sure to transfer contents to a microwave-safe container.