Roasting vegetables creates a rich, earthy flavor, transforming summer squash and zucchini into rich and satisfying eats. Served over a bed of vitamin-rich spinach and tossed with a homemade herbed vinaigrette, these veggies are naturally low-carb, and perfect paired with grilled chicken or steak.
- 1 whole zucchini, sliced
- 4 cup spinach
- 2 oz reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tbsp, leaves tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dash sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/2-inch chunks and toss with a little bit of olive oil.
- Arrange zucchini chunks on a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt. Roast until lightly brown and tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and toss with the remaining ingredients. Season to taste with sea salt.