This recipe is pretty much perfect for summer cruising. Instead of filling up the backseat with chips, cheese puffs, and pretzels, make up a big batch of roasted chickpeas for a low-sodium, protein-filled alternative. Just cook the chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) in advance, pack them up in baggies, and chow down when you need a fix. No refrigeration required.
- 1 can drained chickpeas, canned
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp bBQ seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil before spreading chickpeas evenly on the pan.
- Bake until crispy, approximately 30-35 minutes.