Guiltlessly enjoy pizza for breakfast. This version is full of fiber; vitamins C, B-6 and K, calcium, phosphorous, and selenium. It also has a great balance of carbs, proteins, and fats to help you start the day right.
- 1 pita, small (4" dia) whole-Wheat Pita Bread
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 strip turkey bacon
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Whisk eggs and add diced vegetables.
- Bend edges of the pita to create a bowl.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and place on the grill, dome side down.
- Cook for 30-60 seconds or until golden and then flip.
- Pour egg mixture into the pita.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are nearly cooked.
- Add chopped turkey bacon slices, cheese, and green onion.
- Cook until cheese is melted and eat up!