This dynamic duo supplies oatmeal with a creamy sweetness that's sure to release an early-morning dopamine surge. Ricotta cheese adds additional calcium and protein to your morning routine, and is one of the best dairy sources of whey protein, a nutrient that helps build muscle.
Steel Cut Oats Foundation Ingredients
- ¼ cup steel-cut oats
- ⅝ cup water
- 1 pinch salt
Ricotta And Raspberries Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup milk (2% fat)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese (skim-milk)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- Place steel-cut oats, a pinch of salt, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a slight simmer, turn off the heat, and let oats soak covered overnight.
- In the morning, heat prepared oats with milk, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Mix ricotta with honey and vanilla extract.
- Top bowls of oatmeal with ricotta mixture, fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries, and almonds.