This nutrient-dense dish is packed with summer flavors like cucumber and citrus, but is about as "clean" as it gets. FYI, it also pairs wonderfully with salmon!
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine uncooked quinoa and broth in a stovetop pot and place on a cold burner.
- Turn the burner to high and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Keep the lid on during cooking.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and let rest, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. This will allow flavors to continue to develop.