Nothing tops off a holiday feast quite like a sweet slice of pumpkin pie. This year, opt for the guilt-free, protein-fueled version from our Protein Powder Chef!
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2½ tbsp natural almond butter
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- ¼ cup(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp toffee extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make the base by blending the base ingredients until you get compact dough. Press the dough down into the bottom and along the sides of a pie mold. Remember to use a mold with a removable bottom that allows you to unmold your pie easily.
- Bake the crust at 360 F (180 C) for 10-15 minutes, and then remove it from the oven. This step is optional, but it ensures your base cooks a bit longer than the pie so it's nice and crusty.
- Make your filling by blending the filling ingredients together using an immersion blender, regular blender, or food processor. Pour this onto the base.
- Bake at 320 F (160 C) for 45-50 minutes, or until the filling has cooked through. Be careful not to overbake it. To ensure a creamy center, remove your pie as soon as it's cooked through—you'll know when an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let the pie cool before slicing and … that's it! Eat with abandon!
- Note: If you want to make your pumpkin pies without crust—thereby removing most of the carbs and the fat—just bake the filling inside of silicone muffin molds for 35-40 minutes at 338 F (170 C). Let the muffins cool before uncasing them, and voila: crust-free mini pumpkin protein pies!
- Note: For the base you can use almond, sesame seed, or peanut butter.